Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 15th Show - Jack Benny & Challenge of the Yukon

I have been bad about updating this blog, but for those who don't know, I now have a weekly show on XRB 1610 AM Radio Brownsburg and streaming online at radiobrownsburg.com, Sunday nights at 7pm EST.

I got the show on the strength of the demo program I did with the Shadow & Lum and Abner.  (Strength may not be the right word).  I don't plan on airing the demo episode on XRB, but you can always download it on this blog.  Maybe when they release the collector's edition box set of "The Old Time Radio Express" the demo episode will be thrown in. 

For the premiere broadcast, I went with two standards - Jack Benny and Challenge of the Yukon.  Both are standards in their owns right - Jack Benny ruled the comedic airwaves during nearly his entire run on radio, and COTY was one of the better-written, better-produced "kiddie programs".  Like the reputation of the Pixar movies today, the COTY shows had a reputation of being both kid and grown-up friendly.

This coming Sunday, we'll celebrate Thanksgiving.  Look forward to talking with you then.... be sure to tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment